Purchasing support from us provides you with direct access to the pfSense team with a targeted response time of one business day for all support questions related to pfSense core. pfSense support compliments your IT resources, adding value and increasing efficiency by having a pfSense engineer ready to answer your questions and provide best practice advice.
Our support model is unique in that everything is on an hourly basis. This helps you manage your already-stretched IT budget! Support plans start with a 2-hour minimum commitment and are billed at an incremental hourly rate after that. You can purchase support as you need it without a large initial or subsequent purchase resulting in valuable IT dollars being left on the table. Support hours do expire one year after date of purchase. For more complex projects that deal with anything outside of pfSense core, we offer professional services at a very reasonable rate.
How it works
Time is tracked using a timer in our time tracking software Freshbooks, and rounded to the nearest tenth of an hour (six minute increments), with a minimum of 0.1 hours. While working with you, or on a project for you, the timer is running. When completed, the timer is stopped, a description added to the entry, and it's submitted. If something will take more than the amount of hours you have already purchased, we will obtain your approval before exceeding the amount of time you have purchased.
Support Services Offered
The following outlines the services we most commonly provide to our customers, though this is not an all inclusive list.
- If you run into a problem with pfSense, we're here to help.
- Configuration Assistance
- Whether you need some brief guidance on the best approach, or want us to walk you through the configuration via GoToMeeting to control your screen, or log in to your firewall and completely configure it ourselves, we are available for any level of assistance.
- Configuration Review
- We can review your configuration to ensure it follows both pfSense and general firewall best practices, and provide recommendations on improvements.
Professional Services Offered
A few of our services do not fall under the “support” umbrella and are a more complex and time-consuming task requiring a lot more engineering hours. When requesting professional services, our team will work with your team to determine requirements, goals and deadlines. The following outlines a few of the most common professional services we provide to our customers:
- CARP Configuration
- pfSense engineers are available from 8 AM to 8 PM US Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays in the United States. Emergency support is available 24 hours a day every day of the year at a premium rate. Please note that any support requests outside of the standard support schedule is considered after-hours.
- Network Design
- Before you can begin to design a network, you first must determine your needs. What services must you provide to your user community? What are the resources you'll need? You have to take into account network protocols, applications, network speed, and, most important, network security issues. Another important factor your management will probably force you to consider is cost—you can't forget the budget.
We have provided assistance with network design ranging from a review of your proposed design, to completely designing the environment to your requirements and providing complete, professional network diagrams and documentation. These are commonly larger or more complex networks, such as co-location environments, WISPs, small ISPs, universities, and large corporate environments.
- Firewall Conversion
- Migrating from one firewall vendor to another can be a huge undertaking requiring hours of tedious access and NAT rule rewriting, testing, verification and more!. For customers with an existing firewall looking to convert to pfSense software, we can configure your pfSense software to match the settings of your existing firewall product. We have experience with a wide range of commercial and open source firewalls, and extensive expertise and experience with Cisco PIX and ASA.
Targeted Response Time
All support issues will receive a reply within one business day. Issues are prioritized by severity - problems causing an outage or having significant immediate impact on your network will always take priority, and will receive our attention as quickly as possible.
pfSense engineers are available from 8 AM to 8 PM US Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays in the United States. Emergency support is available 24 hours a day every day of the year at a premium rate. Please note that any support requests outside of the standard support schedule is considered after-hours.
Support plans start with a 2-hour minimum commitment and are billed at an incremental hourly rate of $200 after that. (All prices USD). After-hours support is available and must be scheduled ahead of time. The rate for after-hours support is $250.00 per hour with a one-hour minimum.
Professional services are billed separately and only after an engineering assessment of the work requested. All charges, statement of work and other specifications around the project must be agreed to by both parties before work begins.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.